Dr. Masakiyo Fujimoto
- Speech signal processing and speech recognition
- DNN-based acoustic modeling
- Noise suppression
- Voice activity detection
- Statistical signal processing
- Sequential estimation ... Kalman filter, Particle filter, and sequential Monte Carlo
- Multimedia processing
- Man-machine interaction
- March 2005: Ph.D of Engineering from Dept. of Electronics and Informatics, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Ryukoku University
``A Study on Robust Speech Recognition in Real Environments and Its Applications''
- March 2001: M.E. from Dept. of Electronics and Informatics, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Ryukoku University
- March 1997: B.E. from Dept. of Electronics and Informatics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Ryukoku University
- April 2016 - present: Senior researcher at National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
- July 2013 - March 2016: Research scientist at NTT Communication Science Laboratories, NTT Corporation
- January 2008 - June 2013: Researcher at NTT Communication Science Laboratories, NTT Corporation
- April 2006 - December 2007: Research associate at NTT Communication Science Laboratories, NTT Corporation
- April 2005 - March 2006: Researcher at Spoken Language Communication Research Laboratories, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International
- April 2004 - March 2005: Intern researcher at Spoken Language Communication Research Laboratories, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International
- April 1997 - December 1998: System engineer and programmer at a certain software company
- IEEE ASRU '15 Best Paper Award Honorable Mention, Dec. 2015.
- 2011 The ISS Distinguished Reviewer Award, IEICE, June 2011.
- Yamashita SIG Research Award, IPSJ, March 2011.
- MVE Award, IEICE SIG-MVE, Nov. 2008.
- The 20th Awaya Prize Young Researcher Award, ASJ, March 2003.
- 2014 NTT President Award, Commendation of Invention and Design, Oct. 2014.
- 2012 NTT Science and Core Technology Laboratory Group R&D Award, Dec. 2012.
- 2010 NTT Communication Science Laboratories R&D Award, May 2010.
- 2008 NTT Vice-President Award, Best Demonstration at NTT R&D Forum, March 2008.
- IEEE: The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- ISCA: International Speech Communication Association
- IEICE: The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers
- IPSJ: The Information Processing Society of Japan
- ASJ: The Acoustical Society of Japan
- Committee member
- IEEE signal processing society Kansai chapter, treasurer (2019.1〜2020.12)
- International Workshop on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT) steering committee member (2016.12 - present)
- Member of the IEICE speech research committee (2013.05 - 2017.05)
- Assistant-organizer of the IEICE speech research committee (2011.05 - 2013.05)
- Committee member of the IPSJ SIG-SLP (2009.04 - 2013.03, 2018.04 - present)
- Member of the JPSJ SIG-SLP Noisy Speech Recognition Evaluation Working Group (2002.04 - 2009.03)
- Design of the CENSREC-1: Database for evaluations of noisy speech recognition
- Design of the CENSREC-1-C: Database for evaluations of voice activity detection in noise
- Design of the CENSREC-2: Database for evaluation of in-car continuous digits speech recognition
- Design of the CENSREC-3: Database for evaluation of in-car isolated word speech recognition
- Design of the CENSREC-4: Database for evaluations of reverberant speech recognition
- Associate Editor-in-Chief of IEICE transactions (2018.06 - 2020.06)
- Associate editor of IEICE transactions (2014.06 - 2018.06)
- Guest editor of special issue of IEICE transactions (2015.07 -2016.10, 2018.07 - 2020.04)
- Guest associate editor of special issue of IEICE transactions (2013.05 -2014.06)
- IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing
- IEEE Signal Processing letters
- Elsevier Speech Communication
- Elsevier Computer, Speech and Language
- IEICE transactions (2004.04 - present)
- The journal of the ASJ (2008.09 - present)
- Faculty of informatics, Kansai University (2015.09 - 2017.09)
- Department of Media Technology, College of Information Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University (2012.12 - 2013.12)
- Department of Media Informatics, Faculty of Science and Technology, Ryukoku University (2009.04 - 2011.03)